Lobster Tail Potato Flapjack Shallot Cream Cheese ...an amazing red lobster recipe to try. Great one !
* 1 Tablespoon garlic (mince)
* 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
* 2 teaspoon canola oil
* 1 egg
* 2/3 cup 1% milk
* 8 ounces red potato (grate)
* 2/3 cup all purpose flour
* 1¼ tsp baking powder
* 1 pinch salt and ground pepper
* 9 shallots, julienned
* As needed water
* 6 ounces cream cheese
* 1 teaspoon chives, chopped fine
* 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped fine
* To taste salt and ground pepper
* 4 each 4½ ounce lobster tails
* 1 lemon (8 wedges)
* ½ ounce baby greens
* 1 teaspoon lobster roe (dried)
1. Make the Flapjacks: In a sauté pan over low heat, simmer the garlic in butter and oil until golden brown. Once brown let cool. Add egg, milk, and potato, mix well. Add flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, mix well. Divide batter in to 4 equal portions. Over medium heat in a lightly oiled skillet, place a portion of batter. Cook until bubbles form on top. Flip and cook until firm. Repeat until all portions are cooked.
2. Make the Caramelized Shallot Cream Cheese: Place shallots in a heavy bottom sauté pan. Place pan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally and deglaze with water as needed. Cook until dark brown. Remove from heat. Mix with cream cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Steam or boil the lobster tails until cooked through. Remove shells but leave the tail fins intact. Clean and rinse out the sand track. Present each entree with one lobster tail, one flapjack, two lemon wedges, a small bunch of baby greens, a quarter of the caramelized shallot cream cheese, and a sprinkling of lobster roe.
The red lobster recipe is ready to serve....Enjoy the lobster ! Great taste !