Lobster Pistachio Chinese Salad Pistachio Vinaigrette...an amazing red lobster recipe to try ! Nice one !
* Lobster Pistachio
* 1 cup dry sherry
* 6 cups water
* 2 Tablespoons chopped ginger
* 3 Tablespoons chopped lemon grass
* 2 each 1 pound Maine lobsters, steamed and shelled
* 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
* 2 Tablespoons finely chopped carrots
* 2 Tablespoons finely chopped Chinese cabbage
* 1 Tablespoon finely chopped green onion
* 1/4 teaspoon ground dry ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 2 eggs, slightly beaten
* 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely chopped
* 2 teaspoons Kikoman soy sauce
* 1/2 cup rice flour
* 2 cups coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
* 3 cups corn oil
* Chinese Salad
* 2 carrots peeled and julienned
* 2 red peppers, julienned
* 1/2 head Chinese cabbage, julienned
* Pistachio Vinaigrette
* 1 cup pistachio nuts
* 1 Tablespoon cilantro
* 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 1 Tablespoon honey
* salt & black pepper to taste
* 1 cup corn oil
* 1/2 cup rice vinegar
1. In a 4 quart sauce pan add the sherry, water, ginger and lemon grass. Bring to a simmer. Add lobsters, then cover and continue cooking for 7 minutes. Cool quickly, then pick lobster meat out of shells and put pieces in large bowl.
2. In a sauté pan, heat sesame oil on medium-high heat; add carrots, Chinese cabbage and green onion. Sauté about 1 minute; drain oil and add vegetables to lobster meat.
3. Add ginger, cayenne pepper, eggs, lemon zest, soy sauce and rice flour. Mix together. Set in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
4. Roll lobster mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball then roll into chopped pistachio nuts. Heat corn oil in wok to about 325 degrees. Add lobster balls to oil, moving around until heated through and golden brown. Set aside.
5. Place the julienned carrots, red peppers and Chinese cabbage into clean bowl.
6. Make vinaigrette in a food processor. Add pistachio nuts, cilantro, lime juice, honey, and salt & pepper. Blend well and slowly add corn oil and rice vinegar.
7. Toss salad with vinaigrette (save small amount of vinaigrette to garnish). Assemble salad in the middle of individual serving plates. Drizzle a little of the leftover vinaigrette around salad.
Place two lobster balls to plate and the red lobster recipe is ready to serve.. great !