* 1 each lobster tail, precooked and sliced thinly on a bias
* 2 large fresh sea scallops, sliced thinly
* 3 each chives, minced
* 1 recipe Herbed Orange Glaze - see below
* 1 recipe Saffron Oil - see below
* 1 recipe Tarragon Oil - see below
* Dress slices of lobster and scallops with Herbed Orange Glaze.
Layer the slices of lobster and scallops, in an alternating style, in a small tower formation in the center of a small plate. Using a squirt bottle, drizzle a ring of each oil around the tower of lobster
and scallops. Garnish with a sprinkling of minced chives.
Herbed Orange Glaze:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 each shallots, chopped
- 1 each juice of Valencia orange
- 4 sprigs tarragon
- 1 Tablespoon saffron, ground
- As needed water
- 1 cup oil
Add water to saffron until a ketchup-like consistency or paste is made. Add oil and mix well. Place in a sealed jar and keep at room temperature, shaking frequently. Let mixture sit overnight and then strain the mixture through a coffee filter. Discard coffee filter and portion of mixture that did not go through the strainer. The finished saffron oil is the liquid that did go through the coffee filter. Put in squirt bottle.
- 1 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- ½ cup oil
- Blanch the tarragon in boiling water and then immediately remove tarragon to a bowl of ice water to shock it and stop its cooking process. Remove tarragon from ice water after it has cooled (only a few minutes) and squeeze any excess water from the herb.
Blend the tarragon in a blender with oil. Allow mixture to sit for several hours, covered with plastic wrap and place in a refrigerator. Be sure plastic wrap is pushed down on top of the oil mixture - it should be touching the mixture like a blanket to ensure that no oxygen enters the mixture and browns the oil. Then, strain the oil mixture through a coffee filter. Discard filter and portion of mixture that did not go through the strainer. The finished tarragon oil is the liquid that did go through the coffee filter. Place tarragon oil in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap as
before. Place in squirt bottle. The Red lobster recipe is ready to serve..amazing taste ! Enjoy the party !